Since its inception Nalanda Academy has been engaging students from the larger community through various outreach programmes such as educational seminars, career counselling, Arts and Science workshops. One of the recent additions in such programmes has been the establishment of community libraries at different Buddha Vihars in villages and urban poor neighbourhoods.
Babasaheb Ambedkar envisioned Buddha Vihars as knowledge and community resource centres. To fulfil his vision and to provide conducive learning environment with quality study material for our students, we have so far set up 14 libraries in different Buddha Vihars across the country with the active support from the local communities.
1. Dhammek Buddha Vihar, Sewagram, Wardha
2. Shravasti Buddha Vihar, Rotha, Wardha
3. Triratna Buddha Vihar, Dahegaon (Miskin), Wardha
4. Triratna Buddha Vihar, Dahegaon, Wardha
5. Bahujan Buddha Vihar, Anji Mothi, Wardha
6. Dhyanjyoti Buddha Vihar, Dhanora, Wardha
7. Jetvan Buddha Vihar, Kamthi, Wardha
8. Nalanda Buddha Vihar, Khairi, Wardha
9. Vishakha Buddha Vihar, Paloti, Wardha.
10. Ramai Buddha Vihar, Station Fail, Wardha
11. Jetwan Buddha Vihar, Yelakeli, Wardha
12. Pawar Nagar Buddha Vihar, Thane
13. Ramai Buddha Vihar, Lakhauli, Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarh
14. Gautam Buddha Vihar, Rajkot, Gujarat
We initiated this programme on 17th March 2019 in the loving memory of our friend Abhiyan Humane. Our target is to establish 50 fully functional ‘Abhiyan Libraries’ across the country.
For our ‘Abhiyan Libraries’ we provide reading materials including school text books, children story books, competitive exams books, art and craft material along with some furniture as per the need. We also undertake weekly guidance classes for the benefit of our students at all ‘Abhiyan Libraries’ in Wardha district.
Join the ‘Abhiyan Library Campaign’
If you are interested in supporting us in this endeavour by providing books, stationary, furniture or financial support or are interested in collaborating with us in starting a community library in your neighbourhood, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.