- Nalanda Academy is managed and run by a registered non-profit organisation known as ‘Insight Multipurpose Society, Wardha’.
- The Construction of Nalanda Abhiyan Campus is done by a registered non-profit ‘Nalanda Abhiyan Trust, Wardha’.
- Nalanda Academy is committed to the ethical collection, retention and use of information that you provide to us about yourself (“Personal Information”) on this site https://www.nalanda-academy.org (“Site”).
- Your Personal Information may comprise the following:
- your name
- your email and mailing address
- your telephone number
- your payment processing details
- Any other data as Nalanda Academy may require
- Collection of Information
- Site Browsing: You browse the Site anonymously. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the Site. However, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Site or interact with us without supplying us with Personal Information. For instance, you would not be able to transact at the Site or make any donations at the Site, without providing the Site with Personal Information.
- While you are browsing through the Site, the Site’s operating system may automatically record some general information (“General Information”) about your visit such as:
- the date and time you visit the Site, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us from another website
- the type of browser you are using
- which ‘hit’ it is on the Site
- The General Information is not Personal Information. Our tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information collected from you.
- The General Information is used only for statistical analysis.
- “Cookies” are small amounts of data that a website can send to a web browser on a visitor’s computer. The cookie is stored on a visitor’s computer. A cookie may enable the site holder to track how a visitor navigates through its site and the areas in which they show interest. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviors, but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the site visited just before and just after the Nalanda site.
- Types of Cookies
- Cookies can be set to expire: on a specified date after a specific period of time when a transaction has been completed or when a user turns off his/her browser.
- A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
- Persistent cookies may be used in some cases, for example, to recognize when a visitor returns to a website. The web browser will send the cookie information from the initial visit back to the website. This is useful to the visitor if he or she has established a password at a particular website and wants to be identified by that site to perform a function or transaction.
- To browse anonymously, you may set your browser to disable cookies or delete cookies. Please note that disabling cookies for some services will impact ability to use that service.
- Some product features and services provided may require you to accept a cookie in order to be able to use the particular functionality or service. These cookies are used to establish a link between the user and the application server. The cookies contain unique session IDs, and no customer data is stored on the cookies.
- Usage of Information
Personal information will be used by Nalanda Academy for internal purposes including the following:
- sending you inter alia emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, Annual Report, reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations and other updates.
- processing your donations to Nalanda Academy .
- maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site
- evaluating and administering the Site, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
9. Disclosure of Personal Information
- Access to Personal Information collected by Nalanda Academy will be given only to those persons who are authorised by the Academy and third parties hired by Academy to perform administrative services. Nalanda will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in Nalanda’s Database, processing your orders or donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. Nalanda Academy cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
- Nalanda Academy may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with the Academy, including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with Nalanda Academy in any manner. It will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
- Nalanda Academy is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of Nalanda Academy.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and Nalanda Academy, Nalanda Academy reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect Academy and it’s property, to fufill your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of Nalanda Academy.
- Nalanda Academy endevours to use up-to-date security measures to protect your Personal Information.
- It however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information.
11. Links to other Websites
13. Copyright Protection
- All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of Nalanda Academy and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Any use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express permission of Nalanda Academy.
- Donation Refund Policy
- Nalanda Academy takes the utmost care to process donations as per the instructions given by our donors. However, in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous donation or if the donor would like to cancel his donation, we will respond to the donor within 7 working days of receiving a valid request for refund from the donor. The timely refund of the donation will depend upon the type of credit card/ banking instrument used during the transaction. The donor will have to send us a written request for a refund within 2 days of making the donation to our email – firstname.lastname@example.org along with –
- 1. Proof of the deduction of the donation amount.
- 2. If the tax exemption certificate is already issued, then we are sorry but we will not be able to refund the donation. However, in case of a valid refund request due to any error on our part, we will refund the donation and bear the costs of the same.